Safety – wherever your senior loved one is, there is always a threat to their safety.
Whether they are at home with some family members r residing in care facilities, simple safety protocols can reduce these safety risks. Here are some safety checks.
- Safety on mobility – prevent slips and accidents by having seniors wear non-slip footwear. You can also consider ergonomic designs for better use.
- Safety in their medication – avoid overdosing, missing a dose, or wrongfully taking a pill. Get professional assistance when dispensing meds and monitoring your progress.
- Safety on food consumption – ensure fresh ingredients and no spoiled food is stored in any part of the home.
- Safety on mental health – encourage conversations, staying familiar with each other’s day, finding something in common to do, and so on.
- Safety from scams and fraudulent activities – prevent potential abuse from scammers who may try to swindle money for their account details.
Find the support you need in the Helping Hands Senior Foundation.
We have been providing Placement Assistance in Reseda, Los Angeles, to empower clients and their families about the choices they can make.